(PANTOPRAZOLE GASTRO RESISTANT & DOMPERIDONE PROLONG RELEASE CAPSULE)
Each hard gelatine capsule contains:Pantrozole Sodium I.P.
Eq. to Pantoprazole............. 40 mg
Domperidone I.P…...…….…. 30 mg
(As Sustained Release Pellets)
Pantovan-DSR is a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone Sustained release capsule. Pantoprazole is used to reduce the amount of stomach acid your body makes. It helps treat painful symptoms caused by conditions such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Dopamine is a specific blocker of dopamine receptors. It speeds gastrointestinal peristalsis, causes prolactin release, and is used as antiemetic. Domperidone increase lower oesophageal pressure, improve antroduodenal motility and accelerate gastric emptying. There is no effect on gastric secretion.
- Gastro-esophageal reflux disease(GERD)
- Erosive esophagitis
- Gastric and duodenal ulcers
- The relief of the symptoms of nausea and vomiting, epigastric sense of fullness, upper abdominal discomfort and regurgitation of gastric contents.
The recommended dose of Pantovan DSR capsules is one capsule daily before breakfast.
- In patients with a known hypersensitivity to pantoprazole or domperidone or any other inactive ingredients of the tablets.
- Prolactin-releasing pituitary tumour (prolactinoma).
- When stimulation of the gastric motility could be harmful: gastrointestinal haemorrhage, mechanical obstruction or perforation.
- Hepatic and/or renal impairment.
Pantovan-DSR capsules are contraindicated in the following situations:
Alu-Alu blister of 10 Capsules. Carton of 10 x 10’s