(ACECLOFENAC, PARACETAMOL & SERRASIOPEPTADASE TABLET)
Each film coated tablet contains:Aceclofenac I.P.............. 100 mg
Paracetamol I.P.............. 325 mg
Serrasiopeptadase I.P…. 15 mg
(30,000 units of Serrasiopeptadase)
Varclo-SP is a fixed-dose combination of aceclofenac 100 mg, paracetamol 325 mg and serratiopeptidase 15 mg. This combination offers the advantage of the peripheral effects of aceclofenac, the central effect of paracetamol and pain relief with the tissue repair effects of serratiopeptidase for pain management.
Aceclofenac is an orally administered phenylacetic acid derivative with effects on a variety of inflammatory mediators. Through its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, aceclofenac provides symptomatic relief in a variety of painful conditions. Due to its preferential cyclooxygenase (COX-2) blockade, it has better safety than conventional non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) with respect to adverse effects on the gastrointestinal and cardiovascular system.
Paracetamol acts predominantly by inhibiting prostaglandin synthesis in the central nervous system and, to a lesser extent, through a peripheral action by blocking pain impulse generation. Paracetamol is one of the effective mild analgesics, suitable for treating mild-to-moderate pain.
Serratiopeptidase breaks down fibrin, which is believed to be one of the causes of chronic inflammation. It also causes thinning of the fluids in the body as a result of injury, making fluid drainage smoother. It can break down protein and facilitate fibrinolytic activity in the blood, and modify molecules that guide inflammatory cells to their targets. This activity includes the digestion of scar tissue, blood clots, cysts, mucus, arterial plaque, and all types of inflammation. Serratiopeptidase reduces internal tissue oedema and inflammation caused at post-operating handling. It can also block the pain-inducing amines from swollen tissues.
- Aceclofenac is a (NSAID) non steroidalanti inflammatory drug used in the relief of pain and inflammation in fever, headache, arthralgia, muscle pain, dental pain, post operativepain, pain during menstruation, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and gout. It is advised to not take this medicine if you have asthma or any bleeding allergy.
- Paracetamol is used for temporary relief of fever, minor aches, and pains.
- Serrapeptase is used for painful conditions including back pain, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, carpel tunnel syndrome, migraine headache, and tension headache.
Varclo-SP is supplied for oral administration in adults and should be swallowed whole with a sufficient amount of liquid. It should be taken preferably with or after food.
The maximum recommended dose of Varclo-SP is two tablets daily, taken as one tablet in the morning and one in the evening.
- Patients sensitive to aceclofenac, paracetamol, serratiopeptidase or to any of the excipients of the product.
- Patients with a history of or active, recurrent peptic ulcer/haemorrhage (two or more distinct episodes of proven ulceration or bleeding).
- Patients who have previously shown hypersensitivity reactions (e.g. asthma, rhinitis, angio-oedema or urticaria) in response to ibuprofen, aspirin or other NSAIDs.
- Patients with a history of anaphylactic reactions.
- Patients with severe heart failure, hypertension, and hepatic or renal impairment should not be prescribed.
- During pregnancy, especially during the last trimester of pregnancy, unless there are compelling reasons for doing so. The lowest effective dosage should be used.
Varclo-SP is contraindicated in the following situations:
Alu-Alu blister of 10 Tablets.Carton of 10 x 10’s