(ACECLOFENAC & PARACETAMOL TABLET)
Each Uncoated tablet contains:Aceclofenac I.P. .... 100 mg
Paracetamol I.P. ... 325 mg
Varclo-P is a combination of Aceclofenac and Paracetamol. Aceclofenac is an NSAID which directly blocks PGE 2 secretion at the site of inflammation by inhibiting IL-beta and TNF in the inflammatory cells.
Aceclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) with marked anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. It is reported to have a higher anti-inflammatory action or at least comparable effects than conventional NSAIDs in double-blind studies [A19667, A19668, A19670]. Aceclofenac potently inhibits the cyclo-oxygenase enzyme (COX) that is involved in the synthesis of prostaglandins, which are inflammatory mediators that cause pain, swelling, inflammation, and fever. It is orally administered for the relief of pain and inflammation in osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. Aceclofenac belongs to BCS Class II as it possesses poor aqueous solubility [A19667]. It displays high permeability to penetrate into synovial joints where in patients with osteoarthritis and related conditions, the loss of articular cartilage in the area causes joint pain, tenderness, stiffness, crepitus, and local inflammation [A19666]. Aceclofenac is also reported to be effective in other painful conditions such as dental and gynaecological conditions [A19672]. In 1991, aceclofenac was developed as an analog of a commonly prescribed NSAID, [DB00586], via chemical modification in effort to improve the gastrointestinal tolerability of the drug. It is a more commonly prescribed drug in Europe.
Propacetamol: Acetaminophen, also known as paracetamol, is commonly used for its analgesic and antipyretic effects. Its therapeutic effects are similar to salicylates, but it lacks anti-inflammatory, antiplatelet, and gastric ulcerative effects.
- Acute musculoskeletal painful conditions in adults
- Low back pain
- Acute flares of RA & OA
- Painful and inflammatory ENT conditions (Pharyngitis & tonsillitis)
- Post-operative pain
- Gynaecological pain e.g. Dysmenorrhoea
- Dental pain
1 tablet twice a day.
- Patients sensitive to Aceclofenac, Paracetamol or to any of the excipients of the product.
- Patients in whom aspirin or other NSAIDs, precipitate attacks of bronchospasm, acute rhinitis or urticaria or patients hypersensitive to these drugs.
- Patients with active or suspected peptic ulcer or gastrointestinal bleeding or bleeding disorders.
- Patients with severe heart failure, hypertension, hepatic or renal insufficiency.
- Last trimester of pregnancy.
Varclo-P is contraindicated in the following situations:
Blister of 10 Tablets.